Monday, November 27, 2006

Sorry I have no balls....I love you!

I absolutely love the Missed Connections section of craigslist. It's so romantic, the notion that you could have had a moment with someone but didn't have the guts to get his/her number and now you are having second thoughts. It is almost exactly how I work...I take the coward's way out in the moment but later I realize I should have just had some balls and taken a chance. So anyway, I love MC because it's a second chance for all of us cowards out there. It's never too late to reach out to that special someone.

There was an ad on there today with a subject line of "Carrie - m4w - 40" that said "
I don't think you have a clue as to how I feel. If only." and the location was "a tall building". How awesome is that??? I mean, never mind that my name is Carrie and I work in a tall building, right? The coolest thing about this is that every single girl named Carrie who reads that ad will feel a thrill, if for only a second, that someone out there is secretly pining away for them. What a remarkable feeling! What a kick-ass thing to put out there in the world! At any given time there is so much ugliness and hatred out there...it is just incredible to me that you could submit a tiny 14 word ad to MC and cause so many people to feel good about themselves for a second. Very cool.

There has been some craziness at work lately...people getting fired, positions being shuffled around...it makes me very nervous but my boss insists that we are all safe for the time being, so I guess I won't worry too much. I will, however start thinking about what my next move is. I certainly don't want to be here forever, though part of me almost wants to be fired so I could collect unemployment...that would be pretty cool. Especially if my next move is to be an artist and sell my art. I don't suppose I need to have great references or employment history for that. I shall have to think about this...the best way to be canned. I'd definitely want to go out in a blaze of glory!

In other news, I'm looking for a personal trainer. I've been fat all my life and I am ready for someone to kick my ass into shape. I'm up for doing the work, I just need a taskmaster who will keep me focused and push me to keep going. So far I have heard back from three people in response to my ad on craigslist. Two girls and a guy...I'm not positive but I think I'd rather work with a guy. I'm a little concerned about this becoming a girlie weight loss/fitting in thing and I don't want that...I just want to be strong as hell and hike across Europe someday. Plus I want to run...maybe a marathon someday, but for right now I'd be happy if I was even able to jog a few blocks. I just want to know how it feels to run. I've never really done it, even when I was younger and not so heavy (and I mean heavy in the non-euphemistic sense. I was and am fat, but my point is that it should be easier to run if you're not carrying around so much weight). Anyway, I hope I can find someone who will really kick my butt...in a nice way :)

I'm on call this week. Ugh. Later!

No comments: