There are a whole bunch of new people working here now. It's weird because I've been out for a few days so I've never seen them at all before but they've all got that "I'm starting to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing" swagger about them so they are almost looking at me as if I am out of place. Maybe they know something I don't...
My job actually made me puke this week. Actually, it was the combination of my job and the upcoming terror of my first personal trainer appointment, but either way, I lost my lunch. Several times. I feel like such a wimp...what a damn girl...a little pressure makes me yak. I'm like a Lifetime movie waiting to happen. So anyway, work has been hectic because of this (unnamed web-based document review tool) project (don't ask), which has had me working or on call non-stop since last weekend. The project manager announced today that she's quitting because she can't take the pressure (maybe she's been puking...just a guess) so what do they do? Of course! They tell me they want ME to do it. Not to actually be a project manager because that would mean a title change and more money and respect and shit, but they want me to be the interim jackass who takes shit from everybody and rolls over like a puppy when they hire someone else to fill the spot. Awesome. More pressure, no recognition or money, and just when I start to get good at it, they'll hire someone else to take my place. So guess what I do....that's right! Of course I say yes! Bring it on, pal! I didn't need that sliver of free time on the weekend anyway! Oh, and yay! Vomiting will just make me magically thin! Sweet!
Sigh...to top it off, I KNOW ahead of time that I'm getting royally screwed, and yet I'm EXCITED about the opportunity. Though to be fair, what I'm really excited about is the opportunity to tell some lawyers to stuff it. The old project manager was way too accommodating. Sorry suckers! No more free rides on my dime! Or something equally intimidating.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment