It's been a little crazy at work lately. For one reason or another, nobody has been here the past two days except me and one other person. Not that we have a huge department in the first place, but if a couple of people are on trips and a couple of them get sick at the same time, all of a sudden there's nobody left. I don't really mind that much though. At least it's quiet. Most days I have to put up with a particular coworker who is just loud and obnoxious and complains all the time, but thankfully he has been out. When he's gone it is so much easier for me to focus on the work and just get my job done.
I'm still searching for another job though. I am so ready to not have to think about (unnamed web-based document review tool) or worry about whether the next (unnamed electronic evidence software) release will actually do what the salespeople are telling our clients it will do. I have two interviews this week...one is tomorrow morning in Beaverton, of all places. T is actually working on getting a job at a vet clinic in Beaverton, just down the road, so we could maybe carpool or something if I got this job. If not, I'll go back to having a longish commute.
Eh, at least it's not forever. I decided last week that I am going to go back to school and get my bachelor's degree. I don't particularly care much about having a degree, but you have to have your bachelor's degree if you are going to be a teacher, and I really think that's what I want to do. Sure, I've got plenty of time to change my mind while I'm going to all these classes, but right now it feels like a really good fit for me. I start at PCC in April and I'm starting with two fairly reading-intensive classes (Shakespeare and US History) so I'll have to see how it goes. Usually I have more trouble with classes like that because I have a hard time absorbing information from books. My mind wanders when I'm trying to read, unless the book is all engrossing like a mystery novel or something :). Maybe there's a James Patterson class I could take!
In other news, I've decided to add some "fiber arts" (knitting and stuff) to my booth at the Art Mart this summer. I made a felted purse for my sister-in-law's birthday and used one of the glass beads I had made as a closure. It seemed to turn out really well so I think I will maybe make some more and sell them. It will be a good way to use some random skeins of yarn I have that are just too nice to make into yet another scarf. I might sell some scarves in the booth too though...I'll have to think about it.
T and I have started watching Heroes, finally. We downloaded the first 13 or 14 episodes and have been watching it on her laptop before we go to sleep at night. It's an awesome show, and so much fun to watch several episodes in a row like we've been doing. It's such a luxury to have the next episode ready to go and not have to wait for next week when we hit a cliffhanger ending. Eventually we will be done with all of the current episodes, but for now I am definitely enjoying it.
We are moving in less than two weeks and we haven't packed one thing. Holy crap! We just signed the lease and got the keys last night, so T is going to start moving things over there during the day. We'll get it all done...eventually. I just hope we don't end up panicking and moving everything over there instead of going through it. It's a smaller house..there's no way we could fit all of our stuff in there.
That's all for now. Peace out, shorties.
No comments:
Post a Comment