Friday, January 26, 2007

The time...she flies...

Wow, I can't believe how much has changed since my last post. First of all, the NoPo house we looked at is THE ONE. It's very cute, has a big backyard, and is only a few blocks' walk from the nearby park. The owners are f-ing awesome. It turns out they're not gay...what threw me off was that the one I was corresponding with referred to the other one as her 'partner' in the email, so I just assumed her partner was a girl. He's not. Anyway, they're super-cool. T and I almost wish they weren't moving out of town (they're moving to Salem, about an hour away) because we would totally be friends with them. They gave us the run-down on all the neighbors and it sounds like everyone is very cool. It will be such a nice feeling to live in an established neighborhood..not some new subdivision with a bunch of uptight jerks living there, but an actual neighborhood where people have been there a long time and know each other and will get to know us.

So we liked the house right away and we filled out applications on the spot. Then they had to check our references and our credit, etc. It was almost a week before we heard back from them and we were so sure that we wouldn't get it because we wanted it so badly (how messed up is that?) so we started looking for other places. We looked at two other houses but neither had what we needed like this place, so we didn't bother applying. Finally, we got an email back telling us we got the house, if we were still interested. Yay! Finally things work out the way we wanted them to.

T is actually really excited about the house too, so we're both finally on the same page about the whole moving thing. Now, of course, the tough part comes: the actual moving. We're not quite sure how we're going to do it yet. We've got some fairly heavy furniture...bookcases and such...oh, and a treadmill and a piano. Yeah, I guess we're going to have to hire someone to move our crap.

In other news, it looks like I'm going to get to hand this (unnamed web-based document review tool) crap off to another department. Halle-frickin-lujah! I've been doing it nonstop for the past few weeks and it has been driving me f-ing bonkers. I got my boss to let me work on it from home, which is very cool, but after a day or so I start to feel really guilty since I'm not working on everything else that's going on in my department. Really what I need to do is find a different job. I'm so tired of this job sucking the life out of me so I have nothing left when I get home. I need a job that doesn't make me hate life. Oh good, the client I'm doing (unnamed web-based document review tool) work for is screaming her head off about something...I'd better go deal with it. Sigh...

No comments: