Things at work are definitely better. I now know a lot more about what's going on and I don't feel so much anxiety when the phone rings because I can usually guess what the issues are going to be and I know how to resolve them. Not too bad for my second week. I tend to still move at a faster pace than the rest of the team because I'm still on 'lawyer time', where everything has to be solved yesterday. Here it is so much more laid back. Last week, we had tickets in the queue that hadn't been followed up on for eight days and nobody seemed too worried about it. This week, the oldest ticket is from four days ago, so I feel like I'm steadily getting a handle on the backlog.
I'm not quite sure what the rest of my coworkers are doing, though. I have my ticket queue set up so I can see who put the last notes in a ticket and right now it looks like 90% of the notes are coming from me. I'm not upset about it, really, because I know when it comes time to hire somebody (I'm on a three month contract-to perm basis right now) that my boss will see how much I kick ass. Actually, he mentioned this week that he tried to buy my contract out already but that the contract agency is making it very difficult. Nice to know that he is happy enough with my work that he is ready to hire me after two weeks of a three month contract! It's really nice to be in a situation where my hard work is appreciated. I worked just as hard at DE and I never heard word one about it. In fact, the only time I heard from management was if I had made a mistake. I am so glad to be out of there!
I am very seriously thinking about taking that bike I bought a few months ago to have the brakes fixed. For me, serious thinking is a big step. The bike thing still scares the hell out of me. Mostly I'm afraid that if I bring my bike into a bike shop, the bike dude is going to take one look at me and tell me that I'm too fat to ride a bike. Eh, who knows...maybe he will...but now that I think about it,him saying that would just make me want to rebel and do it anyway, so maybe it would be good if that happened. I'll show you, bike dude! You can't tell fat girl what to do! Maybe I'll pump up that front tire and ride it around the backyard a little before I take it in. I can't get up that much speed back there, so I don't really need brakes so much. Hmmm....I'll think about it.
2 comments:
There are lots of places around Portland, parks and stuff, to ride bikes. If you want, I'd join you.
Screw you, you judgmental imaginary bike-repair man!! How dare you!!
Post a Comment