Work has stepped up a little bit. I am now taking calls from the childcare centers as well as the high school students, so my call volume has gone way up. It's fun to have a challenge again, but pretty stressful because there are a lot of things I don't know yet about the software the centers use. I'm learning, though. It's only Wednesday and I feel a lot more comfortable answering the center calls than I did on Monday. I have been stressing about this added responsibility for a couple of weeks now, so it is nice to just be in the thick of it and not worrying about it anymore. This is the first job where I've actually been able to use all of my experience from Turner, and it's nice to already have some of the answers because a lot of the applications and configurations that are used here are the same as Turner was. It should only be a few months before I have all the answers and can be a know-it-all again. I can't wait!
Running feels like a million years ago. I still get the Runner's World quote of the day email every day and I still plan to get out there and get started again, but it's just not a priority for me right now. I will probably get to biking before I get back to running again, though I have faith that my interest will come back around to those things eventually.
I've been knitting a little. My mom brought over some yarn that she wasn't going to use and I have been using that since Tater virtually destroyed my yarn stash last Spring. I'm thinking maybe I'll start an afghan for myself. I have a notoriously short attention span for knitting projects, but I figure if I can do it in knitted squares then each square can be whatever stitch or yarn I'm into at the time and it won't get boring. Also, since it's for me, I can take my sweet time in finishing it and only use the colors and yarns I love. Project!
That's all for now...just updates.
2 comments:
i tried to put in a funny jpg but it no worky
Post a Comment