The Christmas tree is surviving, though every day when I enter the living room I find one or more slobbery/chewed ornaments on the floor. Yesterday I just found a lone ribbon and a pile of little cinnamon-scented bits. It looks like the cinnamon/applesauce ornaments weren't the taste sensation Tater expected them to be. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out a solution to this issue, but yesterday I finally realized that I could keep the dogs closed in my bedroom at night so Tater doesn't eat the tree. This morning there were still a few ornaments on the floor (damn cats), but nothing was damaged. Hopefully this strategy can make the whole holiday thing a little less stressful. I really enjoy having the tree, but I just know one day I'm going to come home and she will have eaten the entire thing, ornaments and all, and that totally stresses me out. Not only would it be sad to lose all of the beautiful ornaments from when I was a kid, but I'm pretty sure there would be some fairly expensive surgery involved to remove an entire tree from Tater's gullet, even with T's discount.
For the past few nights, I have been trying to rephotograph my jewelry for Etsy. The problem is, all the daylight is gone before I get home, so I have to use artificial light sources and they just don't look right. I'm thinking about buying a light tent and some tabletop lights so I can get some better pictures. The picture is everything on Etsy...if your pictures are too dark, nobody is ever going to look at your stuff.
Speaking of Etsy, I just bought the cutest pair of cupcake hairclips. I had actually bought some cupcake ornaments from the same seller and I asked her if she had ever thought about making a smaller version and sticking it on a barrette. She hadn't, but she gave it a shot and I think they turned out fabulous. I don't know why I have been fixated on cupcakes lately. I don't want to eat them, so much, I just think the cupcake motif is kind of cute without being too cutesy. Anyway, I've been thinking about doing some hair jewelry myself so I got a sampler of polymer clay to see what I come up with.

Well, that's the latest. Nothing earth-shattering, but some fun stuff. Hope things are well with you!
xo,
C
1 comment:
you're welcome
Post a Comment