Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The trouble with packing

I think I'm going to try to pack some tonight. The problem with moving is that it takes a long time to pack up your stuff and unless you have a bunch of stuff that you don't really use (in which case, why bother to bring it with you?), it is likely that you will need some of the things you are packing again before it is actually time to move. So I'm grumpy about packing ahead of time because I don't want to have to live out of boxes for two and a half weeks. This is on top of any emotionally-based reluctance to delving in and dividing T's and my stuff, plus the basic overwhelming nature of moving in general. With all of those obstacles, it will be some kind of Christmas miracle if I can actually manage to get everything in boxes by moving day. But I'm gonna try anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moving sucks. I would rather talk to students all day...oh wait. Anyways, my method is all the stuff off the walls first, then it feels like its go time. Then I pack up shelves and stuff thats only there for me to look at. I wait until day before to pack up the rest, because I too hate living out of boxes. Especially if you packed something and have to rip one open and dig through it to find that something and then you rip the box and end up having to repack the whole box (can you tell ive done this before?)
I also wanted to say if you need someone to hang out with, I am here, I cant even imagine what you would be going through, and not sure what to say? Im not good at showing feelings-you sit across from me, i have to be rude all day, in defense of course. I think this has rubbed off over the years :)
Oh, and sorry I ditched you on Friday, you will have to tell me how all goes with everyone on the "outside"

Anonymous said...

tell me about it............

Brian Padian said...

i just made a posting on craigslist for 'free stuff' at your house. This way people can take your crap away and you don't have to worry about packing it. I just hit 'send' so they'll be there soon. enjoy!