Last night as I was riding the bus home I saw a woman as fat as me on a bicycle and it reminded me once again that right now I can do whatever I like (I forget sometimes). So I strapped up my pant leg, got my tire pump out and got ready to take a bike ride, but I think there is something funky going on with my chain. Also, I realized that the front tire has never quite been fully inflated when I've been riding and the flattening has totally been making me nervous. Anyway, I'm gonna see what I can do about getting the chain to act right and then I'm going to ride the hell out of that bike.
Oh crap, I still need a lock and a helmet. Maybe this weekend.
Still no lamps. Well, I have one, but I have to move it around the room when I want light in different places. Not the best solution. The thing about lamps is, all the ones that I find visually appealing are ridiculously expensive and the ones I can afford (like at goodwill) look like rejects from the set of The Golden Girls. For some reason, I find it much easier to justify the extra expense of getting a visually appealing sofa or bedspread than I do a lamp, even though they all serve a specific function that would easily be taken care of by cheaper, uglier versions. Screw it. I'm going to save up and get some damn pretty lamps.
That's all thats going on today...no major drama, just living.
:)
1 comment:
Have you considered making your own lamp? Its not that hard to do (from what I read). You are more artsy than I so it might be appealing?
Lately I have been wanting to go on a bike ride, I have to get a bike first though, and I just cant see myself using it enough to have it pay for itself. The weather seems good. Also, you CAN do whatever you want. you go girl!
Post a Comment