In a few hours I'm gonna get on a plane to Chicago for the next COFRA think tank. I'm terribly excited! This is what's so awesome about the second time you do something scary or outside of your comfort zone...you already know for the most part what to expect so it's a lot less scary and a lot more comfortable. I'm not even bringing a bunch of luggage this time. I've got my stuff whittled down to what will fit in my backpack. No laptop, no CPAP, no extra crap. Just enough clothing to get me through the weekend comfortably (and fashionably, of course), toothbrush, books, etc. It's nice to not be lugging a lot of crap, and I'll bet it makes the flight easier too.
I'm staying in a hostel this time around, which is another thing I've never done before. I'm sure it will have its advantages (cheaper) and disadvantages (shared bathroom), but all I really need is a place to crash for a couple of days, so no big deal. Some people I met at the last think tank are staying there too, so it will be nice to see some friendly and familiar faces.
The day that I come back I have my first graphic design class, so that will be a new adventure. I really have no idea what it will be like, if I will enjoy it, if I will do well or if I will fail spectacularly. I'm very interested to find out.
That's all for now. For those of you who are able to keep planes in the air with your mind (W, I'm looking at you), please try to focus your energy skyward between 4:40 and 8:40 PM tonight so I can get to Chicago safely. Thanks so much!
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment