Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ebb

Well, I feel better today. Not back to 100% okay yet but for now the sadness has receded a bit. When I started to feel better yesterday, the first thing I felt was panic because if I'm feeling better then it obviously wasn't a big deal and I was just overreacting and being a big baby about the whole thing, right? So I felt horribly exposed and embarrassed and I wanted to race right home and delete my entry or put up some kind of mea culpa that explained how sorry I was for being so overly dramatic. Luckily I was nowhere near a computer at the time so I was forced to think about it further before taking any action. Upon further thought, I realized maybe I feel better because I didn't try to pretend it wasn't happening. Maybe by accepting that I was feeling so terrible and expressing it, I made it less powerful somehow. Anyway, whatever the cause, I feel better. Thanks to everybody for your support and comments.

xo

3 comments:

Brian Padian said...

glad you feel better.
xo

Anonymous said...

just lay off the smokes. bad bad bad.

Anonymous said...

i've found that the best way to really DEAL with things is to just watch them happen. i'm really glad you didn't take it down, because it gives you the opportunity to look back when you're ready, and say, "hey, i went through this and this is what it was like." OR on the flipside, if you ever feel that way again, you will be able to look back and know that you felt that way before and that it will pass after some time.