...is not going well. I'm stuck at around 11k words and everything I have read on the NaNo site is all "now that you've introduced your characters, heres the point where you start making the plot happen." But my plot is kind of already happening. In fact, the first 20 chapters are predominantly plot and not a whole lot of character description. I thought about going back and inserting some character descriptions to beef up my word count and..well..make the book easier to follow, but I keep reading what I've written previously and it makes me want to edit edit edit!
So I'm feeling stuck. A whole lot of things have happened so far, but I don't want the story to come off as entirely unrealistic so I feel funny about adding in another subplot to take it in another direction. On the other hand, the point here is to grind out the word count, not to create great literature. I wonder if I can manage to make myself write crap on purpose without editing like crazy...
xo
C
2 comments:
come on, churn out crap! you can do it
Go ahead and describe your characters in more detail. That doesn´t matter if it is in the middle of your novel as you´ll edit it later anyway.
Write, write, write!
mom
Post a Comment