Monday, November 17, 2008

Writer's block and Rosie

I'm at around 22000 words now. It's funny to look back on my previous entry because I felt completely blocked at 11000 words and yet somehow I managed to crank out twice that many. Now I feel just as blocked as I did at 11000 but part of me believes deep down that I am going to get to 50000 before the month is up, so I probably will. Noveling is actually a perfect activity for me because I can sneak it in here and there when I have a slow moment in my day or I can ignore it altogether and focus on other things. It just sits there and waits for when I'm ready.

Housesitting for M&D was an exhausting adventure. I definitely enjoy being in their house and enjoying their amenities, but not being in my own place and yet having to carry on with my responsibilities is a little extra-difficult. Plus I was sick most of the week, so everything was ten times more exhausting. I know, poor me. Anyway, it's nice to be back in my own space, even if it means I have to deal with my hellish roommate.

Speaking of that, I signed a lease for the new place and my target move-in date is Dec 1st. I say target because the space is still being renovated and it's possible it won't be ready by the 1st. This will result in the unfortunate consequence of me moving my stuff to a storage unit and staying with family until the space is ready. So that sucks...but boy, is this space worth it! It's in walking distance of just about everything you could want. Restaurants, breakfast places, a bead store (!), a Powell's Books, even a movie theater. On top of that, it's in a quaint old apartment building with entirely new fixtures (renovations are a good thing) and they allow pets so I can maybe take my Rosie with me. I'm very excited about this. I miss that dog like crazy sometimes. But I mean really, who wouldn't? How could you not love this furry face?


See? You don't know either.
xo,
C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I am crazy curious about the novel you are writing..wanna share some insider notes?

Also..have you watched or heard of the show "Ruby"? If you have, what are your thoughts? (I am writing a story for the paper, this is why I ask).

Anonymous said...

Ever try Foculate? A few of my writer friends use it before writing session to wake their brains up.

Brian Padian said...

that's a cute dog