Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First step

So, I'm clearly well on my way to becoming the most contented single girl ever. Today I made a list of everything that is awesome about being unpartnered. I came up with over 55 things in a little less than half an hour.

Here's a sample:

No more awkward first dates
No more having 'the talk' (or 'the email') with friends I've fallen in love with
I can watch embarrassing tv without fear of judgment
I can do all the traveling I want and not worry about whether my partner wants to go too
Also it would be much less expensive to go anywhere
I can spend my money on anything at all that appeals to me
I can just appreciate my body for what it is instead of what it isn't
I can live wherever the hell I want
No more awkward sex discussions
I can just stay home and enjoy my homebodiness instead of forcing myself to get out and meet people
I can be a giant feminist harpy without caring about coming off as a 'man hater'



Now I'm kind of looking forward to spinsterhood. It sounds fricking awesome :D


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world of dew
is a world of dew, and yet
and yet...