Friday, June 18, 2010

Denouement

I fretted for weeks about my new boss. I kept hearing about project meetings I wasn't invited to and changes that were being made to our procedures and it was all very nerve-wracking. Then I finally had a chance to sit down and talk one-on-one with her and it changed everything. I got a chance to air my concerns about what would happen to my project and she listened and said she would endeavor to keep me in the loop. I got to discuss some ideas about our department and its culture and found that she and I shared several of the same intangible goals for our group, like focusing more on service than on call stats, working to regain the good will of my client, and forming a more cohesive team. In short, that meeting was the absolute perfect antidote for my stressed-out paranoia. In thirty short minutes of discussion, my inner voices of doubt quieted down and every last trace of worry was eradicated. Pretty amazing, huh?

No comments: