Saturday, October 2, 2010

Evolution

Personal change happens so slowly, in such tiny increments that we don't even notice it until time moves on and we can see our former selves from a distance. The other day I was looking through my flickr photostream at the self-portraits I took as part of the 365 project right after T and I broke up. The person I was then and the person I am now are so incredibly different. Last week I found a document on my computer containing a few sketches I wrote almost two years ago when I was so lonely I felt like my heart was breaking every day. It was amazing to read them, to remember how that felt and to realize that I don't really feel that way anymore. Post-breakup was an incredibly rocky and painful time that lasted way longer than I expected it to, but I finally feel like I am emerging from the other side, ready to experience whatever comes next.

:)

1 comment:

Gigi Little said...

lovely honesty and lovely post.