I spent most of yesterday feeling pretty worthless. I had one of those days where I alternated between having nothing to do and failing to answer any of the questions that came my way. On top of that, my thigh muscles hurt from my first personal trainer workout (on Monday), so I was walking funny which is always an ego booster. Hey, look at me everybody! I'm walking like a drunk and I don't know a goddamn thing! Yet I'm still somehow gainfully employed. Crazy. The "promotion" from last week turned out to be a whole lotta nothin', which is a relief I suppose, but it's also a total disappointment. I'm ready to start doing more stuff I actually can do, mostly things that don't require in-depth knowledge about discover-e since I don't have that and I probably never will. Frankly, I don't think I'm really cut out to do tech support. Too bad the money's so good.
I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am in the process of finding someone to teach me how to solder and cast and make my own jewelry. Like actual fabrication involving making something out of raw materials, not just twisting some wire and stringing some beads. I'm very very excited! I know I have jewelry-making greatness in me somewhere....I just need to find it and let it out. Honestly, if I could just do that for a living I so totally would! And Portland is absolutely the city to do it in. There are actually places where you can rent workspace so you don't have to set up your own workshop and equipment. You just bring your materials and tools and they have the big scary machines to make it happen. So cool! Also Portland has a great artist's community. There are a million places where you can sell your original art, including jewelry. I know, deep down, this is where I am headed and I am so thrilled about it. yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment