Friday, January 12, 2007

Who knew?

So I have been working really hard lately, putting in some overtime, working from home in my off hours, etc. Wednesday night, I kind of just lose it because I am so tired and there is always more to do and it always has to be done RIGHT NOW and there is nobody else who can/will take care of it if I don't. So I'm crying and frustrated and freaking out and I realize that I just need a break. Then the most amazing thing happened: I actually grew a pair and asked my boss if he would be okay with me taking Thursday off! Even more amazingly, he said yes. So anyway, yesterday was a fabulous day. I slept until 10 am, then I got up for a few hours and went back to bed again at 2. I slept for four more hours! It was incredible.

Nothing much new on the house front. Well, that's not true actually. We're going to see a house tonight in NoPo (that's North Portland for those of you who don't know the area or are too cool for cutesy shortened nicknames). This may work for us because the owners are lesbians and they have a ton of animals. I hope this is the place and it all works out because I am already so tired of the hunt. The Portland rental market is so tight and, for most landlords, all of our pets make us super-undesirable tenants, so our chances of scoring a rental we want are very very small. Just last week we found a place we LOVED and after submitting our app and waiting a day, we found out that someone else had beat us out. Sigh. So I hope this is the one so I can stop looking and we can start packing, etc. It's in the Kenton neighborhood, two blocks from the bus stop and four blocks from a park (with an indoor pool, no less!). It's also got a nice big backyard for the dogs, which is a must. Anyway, we'll go see it tonight and hopefully we'll just love it.

The working out thing has been going well. It's been a little hard for me to keep appointments lately because of the work thing, plus I've been sick on and off, plus the holidays happened, but the upshot is that I am still going regularly so I'm really proud of that. This whole thing kind of forced me out of my comfort zone, which in general is always a good idea. I had to learn how to find my way on the bus, which is a new thing for me. Now, as long as I know the right bus and where and when to pick it up, I can get just about anywhere in town. If I hadn't done that I probably wouldn't be so okay with the idea of getting rid of one of our cars, which we plan to do after we move. That's why being close to the bus is so important. So anyway, I haven't really noticed any specific weight loss or anything, but that wasn't really my goal in the first place. I just want to be strong and be able to do anything I want to do, and I definitely feel stronger than I did when I started. I'm getting to the point where I can actually finish a workout and feel happy and refreshed instead of just dog tired...a vast improvement.

That's all for now.

No comments: