Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What's new?

The other day I was on myspace and it occurred to me that I could click on the name of my high school and see all of the people from there who have myspace pages. It was neat and depressing at the same time to look at everyone's pages. Neat to see how everyone was doing and to see that there were still quite a few people who didn't have their shit together yet, but depressing because it brought up a lot of old sad feelings from back then, when I was a bit of an outcast and constantly felt pretty bad about myself. Anyway, I did find a few of my old friends and added them to my page, so "the little friends list that could" is starting to grow. I'm up to 5 friends. Woohoo!

The 5k is coming up fast...next weekend, in fact. I haven't been out walking in weeks so I'm a little freaked out about it. Every day I keep meaning to walk a little when I get home, but I am just too good at coming up with excuses. Either it's too hot or I'm too tired or there are too many people outside or whatever. I wish our treadmill worked because that would eliminate a good number of those excuses, but unfortunately when we plugged it in after the move, nothing happened. I'm hoping there is just some kind of reset switch on the treadmill somewhere, because otherwise we just spent 2 grand for nothing.

I have been plugging away at this foreclosure thing. I'm thinking about filing bankruptcy to stop the foreclosure, since according to the interweb (don't worry, I'm also consulting actual experts), foreclosure is worse for your record than bankruptcy. Plus if I file bankruptcy I can address the rest of the debt I'm carrying and start building my good credit back up. It's a pretty sad financial situation when bankruptcy starts to look like a good option. I'm going to talk with a lawyer next week and try to figure out what I should do.

With all of this financial mess happening around me, I realized the other day that since T has so little income (the vet recep job doesn't pay her near what she's worth), she could qualify for all sorts of financial aid if she went back to school. She has been talking lately about wanting to go to culinary school but was worried abut it being too expensive. So she filed her FAFSA and we will soon see if Uncle Sam is willing to help her out. I am so excited for her! She loves to cook and flavors just come together into something incredible when she is cooking, so I think she would be an amazing chef. I can't wait to eat her homework :)

Other than that, everything is pretty normal. We've been rearranging furniture a bit lately, trying to get everything into it's right spot. I'm beginning to think that we might just have too much furniture altogether. We've never lived in a house this small, so we're probably going to have to get rid of a few things at some point. I feel very strongly, though, that once we've gotten rid of the extra crap, our house is going to be awesome. If you're lucky, maybe we'll invite you over.

No comments: