Thursday, July 26, 2007

Like hi, cats!

Okay, so it's definitely a nicer day today and I'm not nearly as stressed, even though (unnamed web-based document review tool) is bearing down on me with the speed and intensity of a freight train. It helps that the issues our client is having with the database turned out to not be my fault. I always appreciate it when that happens.

That whole episode from my last entry is such a distant memory now. There is part of me that doesn't quite trust my friend as implicitly as I did before, but I'm sure that will heal itself over time.

I was having a doozy of a day yesterday. First of all, on Tuesday my boss caught me using AIM at work like an idiot. I came by it honestly, I swear. I was testing an open source chat client called Pidgin because we might use it in the office for instant messaging. Anyway, nobody was around for me to test it out on, and Pidgin will also connect to AIM and let you chat there if you tell it to, so I just kind of connected to AIM without thinking and sent a message to a friend of mine. He happened to be around and I haven't talked to him in a loooong time, so we just started chatting about what was new. Wouldn't you know it, 30 seconds later my boss walks by my desk and catches me red-handed. Okay, so that was stupid. Then yesterday, still stewing about getting caught chatting, I managed to be 20 minutes late to work. Of course my boss just happens to be in the breakroom getting coffee as I pass through on the way to my desk. Also, as luck would have it, I was supposed to have my annual performance review yesterday! Well, at least we would have plenty to talk about... Fortunately it got postponed until next week, so I have some time to distance myself from these latest debacles. This (unnamed web-based document review tool) stuff will help, since I'm the only one who knows how to do it.

I've decided not to talk about my latest exercise venture here until I'm well on my way to making it a habit. This time it's just going to be between me and me. I'll let you know.

I came across the coolest blog the other day: Fat Girl on a Bike. It's written by a lovely fat triathlete who is a complete and total badass. The best thing about her is that she is doing all of this with her body as it is, she's not waiting until she has gotten down to a certain weight before getting out there and racing. Sometimes it feels like a ridiculously overwhelming thing to have to lose a bunch of weight before I can run or bike (or swim) and it is so incredible to see another fat girl out there just making it happen. If she can do it then so can I.

I had another creep accost me on the Max again. This time it was an older "gentleman". Apparently this guy is a fan of the "big girls" and had wanted to know if I would like to "get with him". Who are the women who say yes to this approach? I told him my muscle-bound, imaginary boyfriend (Biff) might have a problem with that, and he backed off. Then he asked me for money to buy a hamburger at Wendy's. What a charming fellow! It didn't really bother me, actually it gave me a funny story to tell when I got to work on Monday, but I wish I knew why I keep attracting these skeevy guys. Maybe I just look like I've got some extra hamburger money...

Oop! Buckle your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, it's (unnamed web-based document review tool) time! Better get back to it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.