Monday, July 30, 2007

Sun-worshipping

I know I've been talking about the weather a lot lately but the thing is, I just tend to notice and be affected by the weather a lot more since I moved to the cubicle by the window. Even right now, the sun is streaming into my cube and I am soaking it up like a cat napping on a window ledge.

My tiny little corner of the world

It's nice to have a benevolent gesture from the heavens when everything down here is so tense and difficult. We are rolling out a new version of (unnamed electronic evidence software) tomorrow and there are a million little details that have to fall into place before we can really get started. I'm the project manager this time around, so I'm a little overstressed and overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. On top of that, I came back to my cube today after checking on something in another department and found three data CDs on my chair. The post-it attached to them made it clear that they were to be loaded into (unnamed web-based document review tool) (of course). Unfortunately I didn't find any load files on the CDs so I can't load them until I hear back from the nitpicky client who caused me to have to work all day Saturday. Gee, I can't WAIT to hear from her. On top of THAT, I am on call for discover-e support this week! Sweet! It's the crazy stress trifecta! I fully anticipate that by the end of this week you will find me on the side of the road pulling my hair out, rocking back and forth and mumbling to myself about (unnamed web-based document review tool) load files. :)

On Sunday, I finally got one room in the house to a fully livable state. It's a three bedroom house, but you have to actually go through one of the bedrooms to get to the back bedroom, so it doesn't really count as it's own bedroom. Anyway, lately that has been the room where we stick piles of things and forget about them, plus it's where we were keeping the litter box, so there was a fine layer of litter dust, cat hair, and just general grossness on everything. It took me several hours, but now the room is actually an office instead of the assorted-piles-of-things room. I moved the litter box out of there too, so we can now walk through that room barefoot without cutting our feet open on errant shards of litter. Fabulous! The problem is, now that room makes the rest of the house look extra-messy. Maybe I can just move the sofa and the tv in there and pretend the rest of the house doesn't exist...

I think I'm about to come back around and focus on the jewelry-making again. Usually I'll be super-focused on it for a few weeks, make some really beautiful pieces and then kind of get tired of it and focus on something else. Then eventually I will get bored with the jewelry I've been wearing, will go digging through my box of finished pieces and come up with a million more ideas for new stuff. See, maybe that's why jewelry will never be much of a business for me, because I just make stuff for myself. Though frankly, would it really be the end of the world if I just made jewelry for myself? Is it less of a worthwhile enterprise if I'm not planning to sell what I make? Maybe I should just focus on making the stuff I want to wear...at the very least I will get a killer jewelry collection out of it.

Goodnight friends...tomorrow=new drama, I'm sure.

No comments: