I was just rejected for the help desk manager job and I actually feel pretty good about it. I am proud as hell that I was brave enough to submit myself for consideration and the interview gave me a chance to talk about my strengths and my management style and it gave my boss a chance to talk about how great he thinks I am, which is always nice to hear. On top of that, lately I have been thinking maybe I didn't really want the job, especially with the whole on call thing.
My boss said he could definitely see me heading up projects or smaller groups within the team, but that he didn't feel like I was ready to take on the role of help desk manager. I have to say that he's right, actually. I am totally not ready to be in charge of over 15 techs. I am absolutely ready to be a project manager again, though. I need more from my job than just answering calls and putting tickets in. So hopefully if a project comes up that needs a manager, he will consider me for that. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I'm interested.
Tonight begins the second stage of the separation challenge. I plan to mark the occasion by cleaning some more. Fun stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment