Well, crap. My jewelry class was postponed until the beginning of the year since all the prospective students were busy for the holidays. I suppose it's good, actually. I have plenty going on right now and I certainly don't mind having one less thing to take care of. Plus, the holidays are coming up for me too, so there will be more things to keep me busy. Actually, tonight I will be busy figuring out what I'm going to bring to tomorrow's Thanksgiving potluck (they are potluck crazy around here...but I kind of love that :). Maybe I'll bake some more cupcakes or something.
The Portland Gem Faire (the E makes it fancy) is happening this weekend, just down the street from where I work. Last time I went with William but he is in Mexico on vacation this week, so it looks like I'll be flying solo. Hopefully I can manage to not spend my entire paycheck on gemstone beads and silver findings. I do plan to geek out about all the pretty beads though, so it's probably good that nobody I know will be there ;)
Running my own house has been pretty awesome so far. I have cleaned 5 rooms and there is just one more left, but the 6th is the room where I've piled everything else so it will probably take a while. It's been fairly easy to keep the house clean, though I do find that I have to vacuum the carpet almost every day because it's the rainy season here in Portland and the dogs' paws are always dirty. Ah, the joys of pet ownership! Speaking of pets, the new litterbox is still working like a champ, though the little litter granules get scattered EVERYWHERE because they are plastic and therefore lighter and tend to static cling to the cats when they jump out of the box. I've ordered a dome for the box that should help alleviate some of this issue. Other than that, it's working out great. The cats are all using it and seem to be pretty damn happy about it. Works for me!
Next week is Thanksgiving...WTF?? I can't believe it's here already. I haven't even given a thought to what I need to get for the turkey. Oh, I found out the other day that my company is definitely going to hire me permanently starting in early December. Unfortunately, this comes too late for me to get paid for the Thanksgiving holidays, but I did manage to negotiate a dollar more an hour, so at least that's something. It will be good to have a permanent job again. There's this weird 'otherness' I feel when I'm a contractor on a team of permanent employees. Like I don't quite belong. I'm looking forward to being one of the gang again. That's all the news. I'll write more when there's more to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment