Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Is it Spring yet?

I spent this morning in my lawyer's office, trying to get this financial mess squared away. Within the next half hour, I will be officially on my way to being bankrupt. It feels like a punch in the stomach to say that, but the circumstances that brought me here have been unchangeable fact for so long that at this point I'm just glad to finally take this step towards getting my creditworthiness and financial self-respect back.

I got a call yesterday that they are having another jewelry class at the studio I was going to go to in November. The class starts today though, and I'm not sure if I'm going to go. For one, I'm tired. For two, I don't really want to spend the money right now since I'm saving for my bike. For three, I'm not really in a jewelry-making frame of mind lately. I'm going to sit with the idea for a little while before deciding though. It's hard to tell sometimes if I'm actually deciding not to do something because I prefer not to do it or if I'm just giving in to the fear of new things.

I'm thinking about turning my middle bedroom into a meditation/yoga room but right now there is a bunch of furniture and several piles of things in there. Actually, if I really let myself think about it, there are about a million things that I want to do with each room in my house. Most of my plans are stymied by all of the crap I still have laying around. No matter how much stuff I get rid of, there still seems to be more! If it were nicer weather I might think about having a yard sale. Hmmm...maybe I still will.

I finally finished Jane Eyre and really loved it. I watched the PBS Masterpiece Theatre version this week and I had to laugh at myself because I found myself thinking "That's not how it was in the book! They're ruining it!" like an elitist book snob. Still, it was enjoyable to see someone else's interpretation of the story on screen. I think next I'll tackle some Jane Austen...maybe Pride and Prejudice.

That's all that's new with me...how have you been?

xo,
C

3 comments:

Brian Padian said...

you should sell all your crap and use the money for your jewelry class(es). or if having it gone is more important than $, go to craigslist or freecycle. you can give anything away.

Anonymous said...

All of the Jane Austen books are going to be presented on Masterpiece Theater this next month or two. So, you picked a good time to start reading her works.

Jane Eyre (on Masterpiece Theater) was different than I remember it but it's been quite a while since I read it. Maybe it's time to re-read it.

Hey, I think you'd like that jewelry class!

Anonymous said...

Taking a class sounds fun, but to be honest at the end of the day I like to go home and relax. If I didn't force myself to do stuff sometimes, I would be a permanent lump. I am going to try to bust out some Jane Austen this year. I made the first step, I bought one of her books last year :)
I ate too much candy. I blame the almond milk.