Monday, January 28, 2008

Look how pretty!


I got my new bike on Saturday and didn't have a lock for it yet, so I decided to keep it in the bedroom. I spent the rest of the weekend in bed, catching up on 30 Rock and trying to get over this crappy cold. I still have the raspy voice thing going on, but this morning was the first time I woke up and didn't feel like death, so I suppose that's progress. It's odd for me to have a cold that lasts more than two days, so I am really really ready to be done with this one.

The sucky thing about having a long-lasting cold is that you have to continue handling your responsibilities when all you feel like doing is going back to bed. The upside of that situation is that when you finally start to feel a little better, everything that was stressing you out seems like a walk in the park. For instance, I had a meeting with my lawyer before work this morning. I had scheduled it last week when I was feeling most terrible and was dreading it all weekend, but this morning I just got all my paperwork together, got myself there on the bus (which I'm always a little proud of...I don't need no stinking car!) and handled my business. This was our last meeting before my hearing and it was kind of a load off to finally have all my paperwork in. Now I just have to go next week to the trustee's office and have him evaluate my case. I cannot WAIT to be done with this whole mess. If nothing else, going through this myself has really changed my opinion of people who file bankruptcy. It's such an arduous process you really need to have some inner strength or force of will to get you through it. It's almost....character building. How odd.

I'm so pumped about being able to breathe again, I think I'm going to go home and clean the house. I'm actually looking forward to vacuuming. Like seriously, I'm excited about it. Man, that's sad. Did I mention I'm 30?

xo,
C

3 comments:

Brian Padian said...

if you're really that into vaccumming I can leave a key for you. how's mondays and thursdays sound?

Anonymous said...

Even vacuuming can be pleasant once you are feeling well again - though that's probably not how I'd spend my time. :) Nice bike!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a few random comments from me:
your raspy voice is scary.
are you still boohooing about being 30??
That is a SUPER cute bike!!!
it does get better after the big BK-I agree, it really is only a "chapter" in one's life.
I still cant get over how cute that bike is.