Tuesday, March 25, 2008

News

Well, I passed my A+ exams yesterday, so that's some good news! They were both pretty easy and I know I didn't study as much as I should have so I think I probably just had a lot of the info I needed tucked up in my head somewhere from my years as a support technician. At least this crap job I hate but can't seem to get away from has had one positive effect! Actually, things have been okay at work lately. I got a largely positive performance review, so that always helps. It's funny because whenever I walk into one of those things, I'm totally expecting my boss to whip out a list of infractions and mistakes and ways I suck and usually I just get good feedback. I suppose I, like many people, am my own harshest critic.

No good news on the house front. I went with my parents this weekend to look at a house that seemed ideal. Perfect location, good size, everything I was looking for. Unfortunately, the owner wanted to sell rather than rent it, and his asking price was almost $50k above any of the neighborhood comps. And it was a cute house too, but there is no way I would drop almost $350k on it (even if I could afford to do that, which I really can't). So I'll just have to keep up the search. I'm sure, when the time is right, that the right house will just present itself to me. No, that won't stop me from looking on craigslist every day :)

On my way out the door this morning I ran into the mailman and he delivered the honeysuckle plants I had ordered a few weeks ago. I am planning to plant them in front of the trellis in my front yard. They will probably die. Okay, no, I'm not going to give up on them already. I'm sure that they will live long, healthy, beautiful lives and they will make the residents of my house very happy for years to come. How's that for positive thinking? I wish I had waited to order them until I was situated in my new place, but by then it might be too late to plant them. I guess I'll just leave them behind for T and Pat to enjoy. If they live that long, that is. The plants, not T&P :)

Two more hours....I want to be anywhere but at work today...It was all I could do not to drop everything, call in sick, and plant my honeysuckles when they arrived this morning. The sun was shining, there were white fluffy clouds in the sky, birds chirping, just a beautiful day. So naturally I'm spending it in a cubicle. Bah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lately, its all I can do to not call in most days :)
Congrats on...well everything in this post!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your A+ certification (or re-certification). As far as the job, there are few jobs in life where one is eager to get to them. Mostly, they just pay the bills. If you find one you like and are happy with, that's a plus. So enjoy the good parts, survive the bad. :)

Anonymous said...

i don't know when you took it, but the pic i saw today - 28 mar - is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Thank you! :)