Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sometimes I forget

I have been forgetting to live lately. I have a tendency, when exciting or scary or new things are happening in my life to focus almost entirely on them and ignore the things I have to do to keep my life running smoothly. I don't get enough sleep, I spend money with reckless abandon, I don't clean the house, and I start eating whatever crap is handy instead of actually thinking about what I would like to eat. That last one may not seem like such a big deal, but the fact is that the effort I put into demand feeding or intuitive eating really has a huge effect on how I feel about myself. When I take the time to determine what I want and make it for myself, it's like this quiet message to my subconscious that what I want is important and that I will do what I can to make sure I get it.

So anyway, a lot of new and exciting and happy (and scary) things have been happening lately and it wasn't until I looked down at my dinner last night and saw that I was eating white rice with mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce that I realized that I had been forgetting to live my life. I haven't gotten groceries in almost a month now, which means that my pantry is down to the dregs and I have been eating a LOT of crappy takeout. Once I realized this, the first thing I did was place a big grocery order (I usually have my groceries delivered since I don't have a car...and because I hate going to the store). It seems like an odd thing to be excited about, having groceries again, but I am pretty happy about it. Next I think I'm going to take a long, hot shower, read a book and maybe take a nap. If the weather gets a little nicer, maybe I'll go for that second bike ride!

I hope things are going well for all of you :)

xo,
C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A well-stocked pantry, lots of good books waiting to be read, a good supply of yarn - these provide fine comfort in this hectic world. :)

Brian Padian said...

rice...with mayonnaise?

Unknown said...

Eh, it was good. Think of it like a pasta salad, but with rice. And no actual nutrients.