So I guess I haven't had much to say lately, which is interesting because there is plenty going on. My video on YouTube has over 1,000 views already, which is just phenomenal! There have been some nice comments and no negative comments at all so far, so that's surprising. A few others have posted their own videos already and I can only hope this weekend will bring a flurry of new entries. It is so exciting to be a part of this (hopefully hugely successful) project at the very beginning! Just thinking about the thousand fat people who have viewed my video and perhaps considered for a moment that who they are and how their body is shaped is okay is just incredible.
So there's that. There have also been some very interesting and happy-making things happening in my personal life, but you guys don't want to hear about that stuff, right? Work has been mostly drudgery, especially since the call volume has fallen off a bit and so my job becomes 'find something productive to do' which I really really hate. I have things I should be doing, as my boss has required everyone to get their A+ certification by the end of this month and I should certainly be studying for it more than I am. I actually got my A+ in 1997 (back when a computer filled an entire room and was made of vacuum tubes) but apparently that was too long ago to satisfy my boss's requirement, so I'm stuck taking the damn thing again. Bah.
In other news, my friend William finally resurfaced after a long rock-hunting trip in WA (so awesome!). I was super-happy to hear from him as for some reason I was under the impression that we had had a bit of a falling-out, but apparently it was all in my head. Good thing, because William is the only one out there who really knows how crazy I am and is willing to listen to my rambling thoughts about boys and other things without (too much) judgment. Plus he snarks with me about American Idol and he's willing to go with me to the freaking Gem Faire. You won't find a friend like that every day, that's for sure. :)
Speaking of friends, T is back in town (she was in Atlanta last week)! This week is actually so awesome compared to last week, friendwise, when neither of my two best were anywhere to be found. I didn't realize until just this moment how much I missed having people to talk to about my crazy shit. Aaaahhh..thank god they're back.
I found a house on craigslist today (because yes of course I've been looking every day even though I'm not moving for another three months. It's what I do) that will be available on June 1st, is the perfect size of small, rent is cheap, and is in the region of town that I want to live in. So my experience with the Portland rental market is that there is no way in hell I will actually ever get to live in this house, but still the prospect is pretty exciting.
That's all the news...I hope you are all having a good week!
xo,
C
3 comments:
Well, I - for one - am glad that you are getting re-certified. Working with computers, it is always good to be up-to-date!
Good luck with that little house. :)
thanks for letting me know T got back ok. she such a joy with the emailing. back in 1973 when i first started out as a programmer the computer room was HUGE, and we used punch cards and cobol.
anyone who will willingly attend a gem fair is a friend indeed
Post a Comment