This morning, I am annoyed. My housemate banged on my door at 6:41 AM and asked me to empty the dishwasher and leave her a check for the internet bill. Actually, she didn't even ask, she said, "hey, it'd be great if you would empty the dishwasher and leave me a check for your half of Comcast", to which my immediate thought was, "hey, it'd be great if you would leave me the fuck alone until after 7:30 AM". Not yet trouble in paradise, but I am definitely going to need to establish some boundaries there.
I bought a tent on overstock for my camping trip this weekend, and last night I unpacked it all and put it together. Seems pretty simple, so I'm not too terribly worried about putting it up by myself when I get to the campsite. I wasn't able to get Friday off, though, so if my boss needs me to stay all day I might be stuck putting it up in the dark. Less than ideal. We'll see how it goes. The part I'm really nervous about is the fire since I'm not exactly an expert in campfire building. Hopefully I won't burn the place down :)
Cutting off my friendship with J turns out to have been the exact right decision as everything seems to hurt a whole lot less this week than it did last week. I really can't wait until it doesn't hurt at all anymore because I would like to be friends again at some point in the future. I don't like the idea of just never seeing people again.
Speaking of people, had some work folks over this weekend for beer and poker. The gathering was highly successful even though I didn't win and I drank too much (possibly related to the not winning ;). It was nice to have some people in my space though. If my housemate wasn't such a stickler about noise after 10 (or if my space was more soundproofed) I would have people over all the time. As it is I usually have to wait until she is going to be out of town, which luckily has been happening about once a month lately. I'm starting to remember why people pay big bucks to live in their own houses instead of renting someone's basement.
Eh well...I'll be glad about where I live when I'm biking around Provence, right?
5 comments:
I once had roomates who would put my shoes in front of my bedroom door if I took them off in the living room, and yet would leave there's, as well as back packs and whatever else they felt like, in the living room all the time. It was frustrating, and since they were a married couple it was doubly hard to set up a sense of fairness.
Hud says hi.
trade ya places.
lol that's true Pat, your roommate is much more of a bitch than mine ;)
roommate.........what roommate?
well if we're not counting the furry ones, then I guess I'm just talking about T. But perhaps that was a comment on how you never see her which...I am soooo not getting in the middle of that! I'll tell her you miss her next time I talk to her though ;)
Post a Comment