There is actually a little laundry area in my studio but I decided not to get a washer and dryer since I am right across from the laundry room and I have to have some place for Rosie's kennel to go. I may change my mind about that if these machines keep breaking down.
ANYWAY, tonight I was finally down to my very last pair of clean underwear and socks and so it was time for action. Had the weather not been quite so crappy (it's been snowing here) I would probably have lugged a load of clothes up to the laundromat a few blocks away. While pondering this option and trying to think of a way out of it, I realized that it was only the washers that were broken and the dryers were just fine. So I did this:
Let me tell you, it seems like a very simple thing, washing your clothes by hand in a tub of water. In fact, as I was running the water to fill the tub I actually had the cheeky thought "who needs a washing machine?"
As it turns out, the spin cycle is kind of really important and not something you can easily replicate by hand in a tub. Even after I drained all of the water and squeezed each piece of clothing, they were still sopping wet. I had to put them through two and a half dryer cycles to get rid of all of that water, but it was still worth it to finally have clean, dry clothes.
In other news, Rosie is settling in nicely. I realized I have been having some anxiety about her living with me because T was always the one who handled the animals. For some reason, I had a tiny deep-seated fear that I was somehow not qualified to take care of Rosie and make her happy. So far she seems to be doing fine, though we haven't been doing much walking since the weather has been so bad and I've been waiting for her no-pull harness to come in the mail. I finally got it today and fit it on her, so we should be able to go for a nice walk tomorrow.
Hope you're all staying warm and dry :)
xo,
C
1 comment:
tell rosie we all miss her but we're happy she's doing good. grandma, chutney, tater and ozzie
p.s. the cats not so much
Post a Comment