I met with my trainer tonight. I had taken about a month off so I could afford to move into my new place and though I tried to get out and run/walk from time to time, I had still settled into a slightly less active version of my life over the past few weeks. So I was a little worried tonight, when I met with Maria, that I was going to have more trouble than usual working out. As it turns out, my fears were unfounded. She said I definitely maintained my conditioning and we did twenty minutes of run/walk interval training where I ran farther than I ever have in one go (which, by the way, is only two blocks as of yet. baby steps). So It was a great workout! I got out yesterday and did a little jog around the neighborhood on my way to the bank and it felt really comfortable. The great thing about living in a neighborhood with so much activity is that nobody really looks at you twice for being out and about. In my old neighborhood I always felt a little on display when I was out walking.
I am absolutely in love..in LOVE with where I'm living now. My apartment is awesome and has just enough space for me to be comfortable without having too many places for piles of things to accumulate. My building is quaint and old fashioned and beautiful on the inside. I can walk to just about any kind of store or restaurant I could ever need or want to go to, and there are always people out on the street so I really feel like I'm in the middle of things and not so isolated. I feel more at home here than anywhere I have ever lived. I could not be happier that things worked out the way they did.
:):):)
xo,
C
2 comments:
do you live on hawthorne???? i am moving too!! one building over, the place is great. i really miss you! i am trying to make it back soon
xoxoxo
Congrats on the new place. It's so satisfying to "find home."
Post a Comment