Friday, February 6, 2009

New Pants!

I had to buy new pants the other day. My workout pants and my jeans are both super-elastified but lately (especially when I'm running on the treadmill), I can feel my waistband creeping downward, putting me in serious danger of showing my underwear to an entire gym full of iron-pumping dudes. Thanks, but no. So I bought some more.

FYI, this is another instance in which movies and TV lie. I assumed that buying clothes in a smaller size would be some fantastic moment, where I could stare off into the distance, cry a single tear, and murmur under my breath, "I really did it, didn't I?" but frankly, the only thing I felt was annoyed to have to shell out more bucks for pants when the ones I have are still perfectly good, just a little too big. It aint right, I tell you.

I've been reading the novel lately (I haven't ever read it straight through) and I am having a super-fun time cringing at every other paragraph or cliche or awkward turn of phrase. Clearly I wrote it with beer goggles on because I was pretty sure there was brilliance in there somewhere. Maybe closer to the end. One thing I did notice is that my protagonist is a little scarily obsessive with the men in her life (that's me), also she seems to have this snotty idea that she is cleverer than 99% of the population (also me). But of course it's fiction, so she has no trouble finding a dude...three dudes, even. Aah fiction...you make life appear to be so easy.

I'm joining another book club this weekend, but this one's not about classics. It's all about chick lit, baby! That's right, I'm going to read books on par with The Nanny Diaries and In Her Shoes and The Devil Wears Prada and then I am going to sit in a room with a bunch of 20-30 something women and discuss them! And this isn't sarcasm...I am genuinely excited to be able to do this. I love me some good chick lit. Don't judge.

I'm going back to the Bagdad for another episode of Battlestar Galactica tonight. I'm a little in love with it. Even if I wasn't into BSG at all, the experience of watching it with a theater-ful of fans of the show is unmatched. I highly recommend it.

I'm feeling pretty random today. Have a good weekend!

xo,
C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To save money, you can put a new elastic in your pants or sew some elasticized tabs to tighten them. With my weight loss and lack of job I cannot afford new clothes. I tighten my bras, wear belts, etc. I think I may start shopping at Goodwill. They have a plus size section!!!!