So, remember a few months ago when my life was all about word count and plot issues and cranking out a 50,000 word novel in a month? Well I think it's time to share what I did, in all of its messy glory. Be warned: it is plenty messy. Also, everything related to my main character's job is fictionally enhanced because, when it comes down to it, the electronic evidence biz is really not all that engaging. To top it off, the main story really comes to a halt at the end of part 2 but I needed more word count so part three veers off into a completely new story and then abruptly ends. Think of it like those novel series that give you a chapter or two of the next book at the end of the one you're reading.
Those of you who know me well will recognize a lot of me in the main character, but I think that's pretty normal, especially for a first-time writer. Oh, also, she and her friends tend to curse a bit so you might want to brace yourself for that. Also I never came up with a name for Anna's workplace.
Anyway, enjoy! I welcome any and all comments.
2 comments:
cool! just read the first chapter. main character reminds me of someone. hmmm. can't think who. great job. writer.
xo
i'm on chapter 5 and OMFG. i'm totally pulled in! i can't wait to read more!!
Post a Comment