Friday, April 24, 2009

I need ideas!

So. This summer I am taking a month-long road trip through the US. I'm planning to go down the West coast, hit Vegas and the Grand Canyon, go across the South to Atlanta, back up to DC and NYC and then back west via Chicago and Fargo, ND, Yellowstone, etc. Anyway, this morning I've been thinking about ways to make an impact on the fat-phobic world with this trip. I'd like to work in as many things as possible that fat people "can't" or "aren't supposed to" do. I'd basically like to debunk the idea that you can't live your life until you are no longer fat.

I'm planning on blogging and taking photos about whatever I do, possibly video if I can wrangle a camera from somewhere. So far I'm definitely going bungee jumping, camping/hiking and possibly taking a dance class but I need some more ideas. Any thoughts?

Also, I was on the radio again this morning because of this post over at BigFat Blog. They even mentioned Guts & Shame. Totally surreal...:)

xo,
C

7 comments:

dillon said...

well you're going to have to be naked at some point. in public. fat people aren't supposed to be naked. and by public i mean a public place where people are naked like a, um, well...nude beach? that would be one.

Anonymous said...

Swimming is the main thing you missed.
Nice thought Dillon, but perhaps more helpful to you than to Carrie's objective.

Anonymous said...

Fat people need love too doggone it!
Heard you on the radio, thought it all kinda funny. I lived in Hungary for 12 years and believe me, there's a growth going on in overweight people. Same with Austria and Germany. So no, America isn't the only place on the planet with more and more pounds gaining momentum!

pat said...

rosie????????

Unknown said...

rosie will probably come with us

pat said...

well good luck with that...i don't think rosie would want to bungee jump though

Unknown said...

heh yeah..neither does William :D