I am really beginning to intensely dislike Chemistry, though that's mostly because I'm not all that good at it. I'm currently in the middle of my second semester of a three semester sequence and I just feel like I'm not really getting it. I thought about getting a tutor but the idea of having someone watch me have a freak out moment and cry when I can't find the correct answer is not all that appealing to me. The silly thing about all this is that even if I don't completely understand what is going on, I'll still probably be able to scrape together a B in the class. So I really would like to get to the bottom of what makes me so uncomfortable about this class. It's not the grade consequences exactly. Can I really be that wrapped up in my identity as a smart girl that it bothers me this much to not have all the answers?
One thing is for sure, this situation is causing me way too much undue stress. Compared to last semester, this semester's workload is actually quite a bit less, but for some reason I feel more wound up about it. I need to find a way to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment