Friday, August 3, 2007

Man, when I'm right, I'm right!

This week has seriously sucked. I feel drained, exhausted, short-tempered, frustrated, and I am just this side of bursting into tears on a moment's notice.

The only thing I am happy about at this moment is that I don't have to coordinate the
(unnamed electronic evidence software)* rollout over the weekend. I still have to do (unnamed web-based document review tool)* because the whiny client I was dealing with last week has decided to pull all of her data out of the database and go with another vendor. I feel a little responsible for this, which sucks, because I'm the database administrator and I made some fairly minor but frustrating mistakes last week. I'm pretty sure, though, that the big reason they are pulling their data and running is that our production department accidentally left some confidential documents in some data we delivered to their opposing counsel and potentially screwed up their case. So, not my doing at all, which is good, but I still can't help but feel like a screwup when I get anywhere near this client, so I will be very glad to be rid of them. I will be working all weekend to pull their data from the database and get it delivered to them on a hard drive. I'm still on call all weekend too. Blech.

My friend William will be at
(unnamed web-based document review tool) training next week, which is awesome because he can then help me administer the database, but it also sucks because he won't be here and therefore my week will be exactly 90% less fun. It's true...I did the math. Hopefully I will be so busy with the (unnamed electronic evidence software) rollout that I won't be bored, but it sure as hell won't be fun.

Okay, enough grousing for now. Next time I write, I promise I will be all shiny and happy :)


*I realized that it may not be a great thing to work for lawyers and air their dirty laundry on this site, so I'm removing all trace of the actual names of the software I use and the company I work for. If you know me well enough you already know what I'm talking about anyway.


No comments: