The weather outside is super-gray and dreary and today, I am in a mood to match. This morning has been incredibly busy and on top of that I am having a bit of a falling out with a friend of mine. Basically, he said something insensitive on his blog and when I commented on it, he got very defensive and basically told me that if I didn't like what he had to say then I should just piss off and not read it. Which, okay, sure, I could understand 100% if he had that reaction at some schmuck who he doesn't even know in real life, but I really thought that he and I were pretty good friends. I can't even imagine acting like that if he told me something I said upset him. I would fall all over myself to apologize and I would feel terrible about having said it. The thing that sucks the most about the whole thing is that I was just beginning to feel like I could really trust him...like we could really be good friends for a long time. And maybe we will anyway, once we both get some perspective, but right now I feel like maybe I don't know him as well as I thought I did and that feeling sucks.
On a positive note, I did manage to find two more old friend easter eggs out there. One is my first girlfriend ever and one is a guy I went out with for a little while, both when I was in college. Neither were on MySpace, but they were out there on the interweb, so I tracked 'em down anyway...no one can hide from my incredible powers of searchery! :)
I still have to replace the front brakes and pump up the front tire on the bike I got. Right now I am itching to take a ride on it, but I am also a little intimidated about riding it in front of people. I know the guts will eventually win out in this battle (as they usually do), but the shame is putting up quite a fight.
More later...maybe
1 comment:
#1 This old friend easter egg was wondering why you keep finding her and tossing her back into the weeds... sheesh! 2 emails and that's it! Hey lady what do you work for a living or something? Hardly worth your incredible powers of searchery to find me and then not talk to me..
#2 I like this whole guts and shame dielectic you have going, definately you in a nutshell, but it makes me a little sad that bravery is not as easy as you always made it look.
#3 So you accepted Liz as a friend and she had a hearty chuckle at the irony and likes your blog. So I came to read it. She said to me "she writes like you but wow she puts a lot out there" Liz is midwestern and doesn't get that southern ethic about letting it all out and the family of humankind business...she's stuck on play your cards close to the vest... anywho the comment caught me off guard as I'd hoped no one would ever see enough of both you and me to notice. I had to own up, shame the devil, tell the truth-- so I told her. "Yeah, I stole everything witty about myself from Carrie". She was saddened and deflated by this now obvious truth. Lucky my hair is gorgeous, eh? at least that keeps 'em comin back when the copycat wit is exposed.
#4 Oh right nothing else to say. Sorry 'bout that.
Post a Comment