For some reason I have been eating a lot more vegetarian meals lately. I think it's because I've been getting a lot of frozen dinners from New Seasons to take to work and they have such a great variety of vegetarian stuff (plus meat in frozen dinners is one step above cat food). Anyway, for whatever reason, today I woke up with a serious meat craving that just would not be satisfied by the little carton of honey teriyaki noodles I brought for lunch, so I decided to get outside, explore the neighborhood around my new office, and find myself some beef. It was a beautiful, gorgeous day. It has been a little cloudy and rainy recently - I suppose it's just preparing all of us for the cold, wet winter that is to come - but today the sun was out, warming everything up. I knew there was a Burgerville near the convention center and the timing was right, so I hopped on the train and rode it one stop west.
I had completely forgotten how enjoyable it is to actually eat in at Burgerville, that it feels more like a diner than a McDonalds. The only thing that sucked about eating in was that I was by myself. Eating in a restaurant by yourself, even a fast food restaurant, totally makes a person feel like a freak of nature. Maybe it was just my own neurosis but as I ate my burger I totally felt like everyone was staring at the poor girl who had to eat by herself. It was weird. I think it was worse because I didn't have anything to read or do. Next time I'll bring a book so I can be wholly engrossed in what I'm reading and not even notice the people around me.
Meat craving satisfied, I took a nice leisurely walk back to my office. There's a little park right next door with some nice benches, so I sat there for a bit and just chilled. Again, I would have felt better if I had something to do while I was sitting there, bit it was still nice to just relax for a little while. It's been so long since I've actually taken a lunch hour and not just eaten quickly at my desk while doing more work. Why do I do that? What am I trying to prove? Anyway, it was a nice way to spend my lunch. If the weather holds on just a little bit longer, I may do it again tomorrow.
That's all.
3 comments:
I often eat by myself at Burgerville - and see many other people on their own, especially at lunch. I do bring a book though so I can read while I have my leisurely meal. :)
Love,
Mom
millions of murdered chickens thank you for your 'real meat craving'
um....wha?
Post a Comment