I've started decorating the house for Christmas and, honestly, it has been so much fun that I can't figure out why I don't do it every year. Yesterday I got out the big rubbermaid container with all of the decorations that survived the move to Portland. We'll see how many of them survive this Christmas season. The cats at my house tend to have a singular focus when it comes to a Christmas tree: destroy at all costs. I'm already thinking about anchoring the top of the tree with fishing line tied to my curtain rod. Trust me, if I didn't, the first thing they would do is climb to the top and push off of the wall to knock the whole thing over. F-ing cats.
I know I recently mentioned the potluck fever at work, but it is seriously getting ridiculous. We are having not one but TWO potlucks for the Christmas season: one is just a standard potluck but the other is a dessert potluck (only one week later!). Another thing I have only recently discovered about my new job is the Christmas decorating craziness happening here. And they will kick your ass about it too. I forgot to bring in Christmas decorations yesterday and actually got the shakedown from the office godfather for falling down on the job. So yesterday I went rummaging through my big box of decorations and found a few things that I brought in today. My favorite is the tree made out of bright pink feathers. It makes quite a statement, don't you think?

I appreciate it because it straddles the fine line of going along without actually submitting to the craziness.
4 comments:
Here's the thanksgiving recap for those not there: overeating and overdrinking. mix. repeat
Your workplace sounds like fun!!
That tree is awesome! I cant wait to see it tomorrow.
oh and ya, I read your blog too :)
I wont sign this and you can guess who it is.
The snawsberries taste like snawsberries!!
Post a Comment