Monday, November 12, 2007

This weekend...in pictures

This entry is mostly for my mom. She came over on Sunday to drop off a wee li'l frozen turkey (we have a lot of vegetarians in the family) and saw the house at a pretty dicey stage. We're talking piles of laundry, furballs everywhere, cat litter all over the floor, boxes, bags, clutter on every surface. Not a pretty sight. So to ease her mind that I've not descended forever into a pit of unkempt frat-boy messitude, here are a few pictures of the newly clean kitchen, plus some pics of the pets, around which you can see the lovely mess as it was before the cleaning began.

Here's Tater asleep on the sofa. Note the piles of things on the kitchen counter. If you could see further to the left, you would see piles of paper bags, boxes and cat litter. Yum!









And here's Rosie, also asleep on the sofa. Note the piles of mess behind her and the giant laundry basket on the left.










Here's Chutney's smiling face...at this point you can see I have made some progress with the piles of things on the bookshelves, but the laundry is still holding its ground. You'll have to take my word for it that the living room looks great now because I don't have any after pictures of this room. Maybe I'll take some tonight.








Here's Pumpkin on the bed. I didn't actually do any cleaning in the bedroom this weekend but I figured someone should represent for the cats among all of these dog pictures. Also please note Tater's giant paws in the lower left corner.









This is the first of our glorious after shots...the dining room. The contraption on the right is the new cat litter box that hooks up to the plumbing and washes and dries the litter and then flushes the cat poop out of the house. So far, it is the best thing I have ever spent money on.








Here is the corner where the old litterbox was. Sure, it's still a little cluttered, but it's at least an organized clutter. Also no litter on the floor. That's a big change.










Another view of the kitchen. Aaaahhhh...no piles of things on the counters. I may even feel inspired to cook once in a while!










Last but not least, here's Tater after I steam cleaned the carpet. I think she misses the dirt.


So there you go. See Mom? The situation isn't nearly as dire as you must have been thinking. Maybe you should come over next weekend and you can see for yourself! :)

xo,
C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You got a lot done!! It looks great! Maybe I will come over next week to see it in person. :)

Love,
Mom

PS Say 'hi' to the pets for me.

Brian Padian said...

now there's a nice clean place to party