I went to Freddie's on Friday night and bought a crochet hook and some cheap practice yarn (and some incense and a frozen pizza...Freddie's has everything a girl could want!), then I got my hands on this book that my mom had given me sometime during the last attempt and got to crochetin'. I started by doing a square of the basic stitches, then I picked a block from the book that didn't look too complicated and made that with my cheap (but lovely) practice yarn. I finished the block the next evening, then dug through my tiny yarn stash and found some lovely cotton in complementary colors so I made another of the same block, this time changing colors when the pattern said to. It turned out pretty well, but I don't really know what I'm going to do with two mismatched blocks. Maybe I'll just keep making blocks in whatever yarn I have and at the end I'll sew them all together into the ugliest afghan ever. Woo.
Before Tater destroyed my yarn stash, I had been working on a scarf using this great fuzzy chenille-y yarn in some awesome 70's colors (pumpkin, chocolate brown, avocado and cream). Anyway, she killed what was left of my skeins but I had the half-finished scarf still, so last night I unraveled it and repurposed the yarn to make this cute little bag.

T liked it so much she took it off my hands, but I think I will have to get some more of that yarn and maybe make one for myself. Mom was right...crochet is super-fast. Hurray for instant gratification! :)
4 comments:
All right!!!! Good for you!! I'm sure you'll come up with some fantastic creations. :)
I LOVE MY NEW PURSE. And I'm not ashamed to shout it from the mountains....quite a feat for the craft of crocheting yo.
I worked with a lady that made blankets and stuff and sold them. I picked my colors and bought a blanket for 50 bucks. She did an awesome job though. I will take pictures for you.
love the purse. why aren't you selling your wares from a booth at the farmer's market? get on that!
Post a Comment