Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday I'm In Love

I went to the bike shop during my lunch hour today, thinking I would just talk to the custom bike guy about getting a bike built for me. Little did I know that I was about to fall in love. No, not with the bike shop guy. I fell in love with the most beautiful bright pink bicycle that anyone has ever seen. I'm going to get them to put some new wheels on it and probably some fenders, but one way or another that baby is coming home with me!

I'm a little terrified because I really haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid and that was only on my suburban neighborhood streets. I have no idea how to actually ride in traffic. Luckily the neighborhood I live in now isn't really a high-traffic area and there is a park with an asphalt path nearby so I have a few low-stress places to get started.

The bike as-is price was only $250 so I can use some of my budget for the new wheels and fenders and still have plenty left over for other necessities (like a helmet, a lock, a pretty basket with daisies on it ;). I'll post pictures when I finally get it home.

In other news, T and I are going to the JRR Tolkien birthday celebration at the Kennedy School tomorrow. They're showing all of the Lord of the Rings movies (oh yes, the extended cuts) back to back! My eyes may actually fall out of my head by the end of the day, but it should be fun anyway. There will be beer :)

Have a happy weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good - the bike, the weekend plans, etc. You'll have to come join us on the Springwater Corridor trail sometime!! Nice to ride without traffic (except other bikes or pedestrians). Have a fun weekend!