I rode my bike!
I really did. This afternoon, faced with a beautiful day and nothing planned, I actually managed to get out there. Now granted, I only rode down to the end of the block and back, but since I haven't ridden a bike in a gazillion years and I still have voices in my head telling me I am too fat to do these things, I was happy that I had the fortitude to at least get out there and give it a try. I realized a few things on my maiden voyage. First of all, if I pick the right time of day, there will be nobody outside in my neighborhood so I don't have to care what they think. Secondly, I may need to start with walking first to get my cardiovascular system back into shape for bike-riding. Third, as T so aptly put it, I have the tender ass of a couch-sitter so I need to either build up some callouses on my cheeks or find an easy chair that will attach to my bike's seat post.
Anyway, it was exciting to get started finally. Here's a pic of me just afterwards, high on endorphins. I can only hope that the second time will be just as much fun :)
2 comments:
Good for you!! It does get easier, just keep at it - a little at a time. They do have comfy bike seats so if yours is not comfortable, check around for another.
the first time is the hardest. you've broken the seal. Congrats!
xo
Post a Comment