I just got back from my bankruptcy trustee hearing. It's over. I'm officially bankrupt. I don't really feel great about it, but it is a relief to have it all over and it's nice that I was able to file chapter 7 instead of chapter 13 and therefore I don't have to pay it all back. I was telling T that it felt like the first time you buy a house, when you sit down in the lawyer's office, not sure if everything is actually going to go through or if something is going to screw things up at the last minute. You sign your papers, then it's over and you feel this immense relief and euphoria because omygod! We just bought a house!
Okay, so it's like that, except instead of euphoria I feel this lingering sense of guilt. It's not rational, but it's there. I think it's going to take some time for my brain to actually register that it's over and start to let go of the huge anxiety monkey that has been sitting on my back since this whole process began.
In other news, I've joined a group on flickr called 365days. Basically everyone takes a self-portrait of themselves every day for a whole year. So far I've only posted one, but eventually I will have a whole mess o' self-portraits in there. I'm interested to see what effect it might have to view a year of me. I'm hoping it will help loosen some of my steadfast body image issues.
That is all, my friends. Chicago in 18 days!
3 comments:
congrats on your offical bankruptcy. i mean, it sucks, but now you can get on w/ it and not have it hanging over you. there's a way out.
love that first pic. you look like a street tough. i would not mess w/ you dude. no, i wouldn't
Boy, I sure know THAT face. BP is right - that's not a face to mess with!!
Glad to hear that bankruptcy stuff is over and you can get a fresh start.
Good advice! I heartily recommend not messing with me :)
Post a Comment