Okay, so. The craft show.
It was a good experience, I definitely learned a lot. I sold some necklaces, a bracelet and a pair of earrings on Friday but there wasn't as much traffic on Saturday and I didn't sell even one thing today. Also, I bought some things from some of the other artists so I don't have any money to show for it, but at least I broke even. There are a few things I think I will do differently next time and now I will never again have to do my first craft show, so I'm still really glad I did it. It sure is hard though, to sit there for eight hours and not have one sale to show for it. Bah. So tonight I'm feeling a little beat down, but it's nothing a glass of wine and a cookie can't take care of :)
I'm still loving my new place, though tonight T let me borrow the car to drive all of my stuff home after the show and it was a challenge to find a good place to park it. Parking aside, I love the neighborhood. There are a ton of things to see and do on my street and there is always someone walking by. I'm on the ground floor so sometimes I just peek around my curtains and people-watch for a while. It makes the world feel a little less lonely.
xo,
C
1 comment:
congrats on the show carrie. while it is tough to sit there for 8 hrs w/o a sale, that's what it's all about: putting your stuff and yourself out there in the world. It doesn't lessen the fact that your jewelry is great if no one buys it.
as for parking on hawthorne on a saturday night, i have felt your pain. you have to be resourceful
xo
Post a Comment