Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yay!!

Okay, I admit I've been seriously mopey about my job lately, which can't have been fun to read about. Well, cheer up G&S fans, there's a light at the end of the tunnel! Thursday, I interviewed for and got a new job! It's tech support at a child care company and it involves exactly zero lawyers, so already I'll be ahead of the game. On top of that, no on call and no more iWebTool! I had to take a little less money, but I think it will all even out as this new place has better benefits and also did I mention no on call? I am so excited about the prospect of actually having a weekend where I don't have to check email and I don't have to stress about iWebTool. Awesome!
So I start the new job in a little less than two weeks. This whole two weeks notice thing kind of sucks though, because I am so ready to just pack up and leave my current job. Actually, before I gave my notice I made sure to back up all of the personal files and emails I wanted to take with me in case they decided to have security escort me out (they do that sometimes, but usually only if you go to work for a competitor). Now I'm kind of wishing they had, so I could have two weeks off instead of two weeks of dragging my ass through boring install after boring install. Oh well, even with the frustration of finishing out the two weeks, I could not be happier about the direction I'm moving in, jobwise (except maybe if I was making a million bucks a year at the new job).
Everything else has been pretty normal. My parents brought over a cedar chaise lounge they weren't using so now I have somewhere to sit in the backyard. I've been out there a couple of times with my laptop (I love wireless internet). I just sit and email or surf or whatever and let the dogs run around and exhaust themselves so they don't act like assholes when they come inside. Thanks Mom & Dad, for the peace of mind!
Speaking of the animals, it's incredible, the amount of pet hair that drops off of them and ends up collected in the corners of the house. Every week I swiffer that room I cleaned out last month, and every week I get about an animal's worth of hair off the floor. Also I have been vacuuming more regularly and I swear I empty that canister about once every few days now. Where the hell is it all coming from?? Why aren't our pets all bald by now?
T and I went to the Kennedy School theater again last night and saw that fantastic four silver surfer movie. It's a good thing there was beer because that was the most ridiculous movie I have ever seen. Worse even than bicentennial man, and that one was seriously bad. I have to feel sorry for Ioan Gruffudd for that one. I mean, the man was Horatio f-ing Hornblower, for christs sake! Does he really need to be in this piece of garbage playing Mr. "Fantastic"? They must have paid him a hell of a lot for his artistic integrity. Or else he's just a sellout and doesn't deserve my outrage. Either way, that was one crappy flick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah!! It's about time you ditched out of that hell hole!!