I have my very first craft show coming up in December and I am o-ver-whelmed! There are about a thousand little details that I need to get straight before the show, like a finalized logo, business cards, gift boxes, earring cards, getting a table, designing a display for that table, AND making some more jewelry so I have enough variety for the show.
I sat down yesterday and organized my bead stash and supplies, which turned out to be an incredibly emotional undertaking. A lot of that stuff I haven't really looked at or worked with since things started to get tense between T and me, and going through it all brought back some nice but bittersweet memories, like us watching a movie together while I worked on a piece or her pretending to care about jewelry when I showed her something new I made. It is incredibly hard right now to not talk to her about this show when I'm feeling swamped by it. She knew me inside and out...she would know that it was making me crazy without me even having to say anything.
I know all of that comes with time and that there will eventually be someone else who knows me inside and out and who notices and cares when I am quietly going crazy, but man, do I miss her.
An upside of this craft show craziness is that it is forcing me to take jewelry design seriously again. I went to that jewelry class I signed up for on Monday and was pleasantly surprised that, aside from a few tips and tricks I picked up from the teacher, I was pretty much already doing everything right. I had worn a wire-wrapped pendant I made last year and there was a cool moment where one of the other ladies asked about it and the whole class was like "ooooh..did you make that?" :D So I guess I'm a little further along, experience-wise than I thought I was.
Still a little scared shitless of sitting at a table full of my stuff and expecting people to buy it though...
2 comments:
hey how do you get your 365 on the right side of the page to auto update and not be a "slideshow"??
i wanna do that with mine!
I don't, actually. I manually update it when I have a new photo.
Post a Comment