Monday, October 13, 2008

Super

My friendship landscape has changed dramatically over the past few weeks. First, W has somehow disappeared off the face of the planet or is perhaps an undercover spy on assignment or maybe trapped under something heavy and can't reach his phone. Either way, dude is incommunicado. As if that weren't distressing enough, T decided on Wednesday that being friends with me is too painful right now so she and I aren't speaking. At first my reaction to this news was serious upset, but the more I think about it, the more I can see it as an opportunity to let go more fully of the person I was when we were together and become something else.

So yeah, my two closest friends in the world are no longer...present. I'm a little worried that I'm not more upset by this situation...right now I feel pretty okay about the whole thing. Okay, that's not entirely true. I feel their absence pretty thoroughly and I'm definitely hurt by it, but something in my head is working overtime to keep me from thinking about it. It helps that I'm seeing someone new, so I'm distracted lately by thoughts of him, but if I take any time to sit and think about what's going on with T and W, I get sad pretty quickly.

I know, I know...everything will eventually be fine. blah.

No comments: