Saturday, December 20, 2008

We're a couple of snowy badasses

Hooray! It's Saturday, the haven of exhausted nine-to-fivers everywhere!

I was supposed to have brunch with Mom this morning but she had to turn back because the snow and ice was making the roads too slick, so it was time for plan B. I had been promising Rosie a nice long walk this weekend and I had some books to return, so we got all bundled and leashed up and headed for the library. It was a nice walk, though she's still a little pully on the leash so my arm got a little tired trying to keep her next to me. Also, seemingly everyone in the world was out on Hawthorne today doing some Christmas shopping or just trying to escape their cabin fever, so it was a challenge to keep Rosie from saying hello to absolutely every person we came across. On top of that, it's still snowing so parts of us got pretty frozen and snow-covered.


Regardless, we made the twenty-two block trek (eleven there and back) without any major kerfuffles and now we're back at my place, planning to stay snuggly and warm for the rest of the day. I love this dog.



xo,
Carrie

4 comments:

Renan Ribeiro Adão said...

hellow

im brazil

i look your blog , i like

acess my

comicsevenagels.blogspot.com

beijos!!! sorry my english

Anonymous said...

love the picture

Theresa said...

That. Dog. Loves. You.

Always has, always will. I'm glad that you are back together. :)

Anonymous said...

srsly, thank you for yesterday. i was nearly hyperventilating and you helped so much! I am almost set to move, got some quotes and feel more empowered than ever.

thank you!