Well here we are in 2009. It has certainly been a while since I've written anything here. I've been going through one of those contemplative phases where I feel like my thoughts need more time to ruminate and aren't quite ready to be shared.
So let's talk resolutions, shall we? Well, actually the concept of new year's resolutions always seemed kind of self-hatey to me. Traditionally, they seem like yet another reason for people to look at themselves critically, list the things they don't like about themselves, and then beat themselves up later in the year when they realize they are exactly the same as they were. So screw resolutions. Let's talk about goals instead. Here are some goals I would like to accomplish this year:
1. I would like to learn to cook for myself. I know how to boil water for pasta and open a jar of spaghetti sauce, but I'd really like to get to the point where I can just buy some ingredients from the store and whip up something I enjoy.
2. I would like to be able to run an entire 5k this year. That's three miles for the uninitiated. So far the milestones I have hit are running for an entire two blocks and running for an entire three minutes. I have some work to do, but it's definitely not impossible.
3. I would like to learn to speak Italian and eventually take a trip to Italy. The trip will probably have to wait until next year, but I think it would be fun to learn the language now. Maybe next year I'll do French and I can do a multi-country tour! We'll see.
That's it. I think those are pretty manageable goals, and for the most part they sound like they will be fun to accomplish. What are some of your goals for the new year?
xo,
C
1 comment:
Good goals!! And definitely do-able! My goals - to finish some blurb books, one on our trip to Peru, one on family history. And to walk more.
Post a Comment